WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW...
Submit Your Announcements:
All weekly announcements must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Noon on Wednesday each week. Any announcement received after the deadline will be placed in the following week's announcements. Pick up your copy of the CBCCS Events Connection, which will list all of the events for the month, in the Narthex.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE! On January 1, 2018, each member of CBCCS will be responsible for writing their member number on the contribution envelopes. This new policy has been instituted because of the countless years of waste--financial and paper--the church has incurred. To minimize the financial cost to the church, eliminate the paper waste, and a trip to the fellowship for each member--we will place generic envelopes in the pews. Please take a handful of envelopes home after the service, and write your member number on the envelopes so we can continue to accurately account your yearly contributions. We know change can be difficult in the beginning, but we are confident every member of the church can and will do this for the good of the church and the environment. Thank you in advance for your continued support!
- Each fifth Sunday of the year--there are four-- has been designated as our 'Family and Friends' Day. On this Sunday, we will conduct one service at 10:15 a.m. affording each of us an opportunity to fellowship with the members from the 7:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services. Sunday School will be held from 9:00-10:00 am. We look forward to the combined service and the increased unity it will bring to our growing church family. This is subject to change.
- The Autumn basketball season will begin on Monday, September 11 at 6:30 p.m. We are accepting players from ages 6 to 14--members and non-members. Please visit the kiosk in the Narthex for more detailed information.
- Outreach Ministry is sponsoring the Backpack Food for Kids Program. The ministry is helping Barnaby Manor Elementary School provide meals for children when they are not in school. Twelve to fifteen students in the school will be helped by this program. Deliveries are made on the last two Fridays of each month through the end of the school year. Donations are being accepted for the following: Non-perishable foods, such as juice boxes, fruit cups, soups, crackers--please no peanut or milk products. For more information, please contact Sis. Catherine Moore at 301-922-1163 or Sis. Linda Jackson at 202-531-4432.
- Hospitality Ministry Recruitment: Volunteers are needed to serve in this ministry. Your assistance is needed and will be greatly appreciated. Please see Sis. Darlene Carter or Bro. Earl Carter for more information or to join the ministry.
- Food Pantry donations are needed to replenish our inventory. Please signup to bring your food items in the Narthex. The Food Pantry is open every third Sunday from 10:00-11:00 a.m. If you are in need of food items, please visit our food pantry.
- The Transportation Ministry is seeking committed servants for Sunday services and special occasions. We need at least a team of eight drivers each serving once per month. We need van drives--male or female--for all services and especially drivers for special events--usually during weekdays. If interested, please contact Bro. Richard Bowling at [email protected] or send an email to [email protected].
- The Ushers Ministry is looking for a few good men, women, and children to join the Seniors, Adults, and Juniors Usher Ministries. Please contact the following people to inquire: Sis. Mavis Beamon (301) 346-7409 (Seniors); Sis. Janice Hyshaw (202) 441-0078 (Adults); Sis. Nichole Smith (202) 498-0831 (Juniors) or any member of the Ushers Ministry.
- Exercise classes are offered during the following days and times: Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m; and in the evening the Hot Sauce class is offered Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Classes are $20 per month. All are welcome!
- Food Share packages are available for purchase, please contact Deacon Henry Pulley at 301-297-5836 or Sis. Lydia Joyner. You can sign up for the Food Share program in Narthex; your payment for the packages purchased are due on the second Sunday each month.
Please watch television channels WDRC 4 and WUSA 9 for updated closure and cancellation information during inclement weather. CBCCS will follow the PG County School System schedule during inclement weather events (e.g. If the schools delay opening for two hours, we will delay opening our offices on the same schedule. If they are closed for the day, we will also be closed on that day and all scheduled activities will be cancelled).
The telephone number to call in for the Intercessory Prayer Monday-Friday (6:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m.) is 712-432-6100. Please enter the participant code 123149 followed by # when prompted to do so. The Tuesday Conference call Intercessory Prayer (7:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.) is 832-551-5100; participant code is 197647#. Prayer requests can now be emailed to [email protected]. This email address will be checked each Tuesday and Thursday for updates.
Sick and Shut-In and the Bereaved
Please remember to call, visit and pray for our members and community who may be sick and shut-in or mourning the loss of a loved-one. A copy of the Sick and Shut-In/Bereaved list is located in the Narthex.
Sunday Morning Breakfast
Breakfast is available in the Henry S. Moore Fellowship Hall on each Sunday after the early morning service from 9:30-10:30 a.m. or until all the food has been purchased; the cost is $7 per person.