H.S. MOORE SCHOLARSHIP CMTE
Chairperson: Sis. Betty Alsobrooks
Co-Chairperson: Sis. Marianna (Brandy) Raynor-Hill
Secretary: Sis. Kelly Camille Hall
Graphic Designer: Sis. Shannon Alsobrooks
Spiritual Advisor: Deacon Melvin Ross
Purpose: To award monetary scholarships to qualified deserving youth of Central Baptist Church of Camp Springs.
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character, that is the goal of true education." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Must be a graduating senior
- Must be enrolled in a 2 or 4-year university or trade school. Joining the military is not considered.
- Must submit school acceptance letter and student identification number
- Must be an active member of CBCCS for at least one year, including your graduation year.
- Must attend church service and contribute on a regular basis until your graduation.
- Must attend Sunday School/ Bible Study until your graduation. Your attendance is based on the roster provided by Sunday School or Bible Study Instructors.
- Must submit a completed scholarship application by the deadline date. A completed application includes an essay of 500 words or more. The topic for the essay is provided. An incomplete application will not be considered.
- Must submit a professional head-to-shoulder photo (graduation picture if available)
Must be involved in one or more of the following ministries during the year you graduate. Attendance is provided to the Scholarship Committee by the coordinator of each ministry.
- Youth Choir
- Mime Ministry
- Junior Ushers
- Dance Ministry
- Volunteering at church when asked. Special Note: When volunteering at the church, please ensure you receive a letter from the head of the ministry documenting your participation.
PLEASE NOTE: Youth Basketball or attending Youth Night activities is NOT considered a ministry.
For more information, please contact Betty Alsobrooks at email@example.com. Continue to visit this page for more information about the scholarship application process.