WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW...
Submit Your Announcements:
All weekly announcements must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Noon on Wednesday each week. Any announcement received after the deadline will be placed in the following week's announcements. Pick up your copy of the CBCCS Events Connection, which will list all of the events for the month, in the Narthex.
- Worship Service in NC--CBCCS Family is inviting you to participate in the 23rd Church Anniversary Celebration for Abundant Life Ministries in Ayden, NC on November 18 at 11:00 a.m. The women's choir will provide the music for the occasion. If you wish to travel with the Pastor and his family, please sign the sheet outside of the church administrative office. The cost per person for the bus transportation is $37. More information will be forthcoming.
- School Supply Drive-Donations can be made at the church between July 15-August 19. Please place your items in the red bin in the Narthex. Thanks in advance for your support!
- Bible Study has been suspended for a summer break--it will resume in September. Stay tuned for more intriguing lessons as we study the Word of God and learn how to be more like Jesus Christ.
- Each fifth Sunday of the year--there are four-- has been designated as our 'Family and Friends' Day. On this Sunday, we will conduct one service at 10:00 a.m. affording each of us an opportunity to fellowship with the members from the 7:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services.* Sunday School will be held from 8:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. We look forward to the combined service and the increased unity it will bring to our growing church family. This is subject to change. *During our Summertime Praise and Worship Services, please check our calendar for the start time for the church service and Sunday School.
- Outreach Ministry is sponsoring the Backpack Food for Kids Program. The ministry is soliciting donations for the following non-perishable food items: juice boxes, fruit cups, soups, crackers, pudding/Jell-O packs, oatmeal packs, fruit snacks. cookie packs, boxes or bags of cereal, cups of macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meat sauce, ravioli, rice and chicken, lunch size tuna, and etc. All items should be small enough to fit inside a backpack--please no peanut or milk products. The food will be provided to the school on the 3rd and 4th Friday each month. A container has been placed in the Narthex for the donations. For more information, please contact Sis. Catherine Moore at 301-922-1163 or Sis. Linda Jackson at 202-531-4432.
- Rev. John H. Parker Cancer Ministry Recruitment: Additional members are needed to serve in this ministry. The mission of the ministry is to educate, enlighten, and promote church and community cancer awareness and prevention through early detection. You do not need to be a cancer survivor to serve. Please contact Bro. Leon Turner at 301-335-0152 if you are interested in serving or to request more information.
- Hospitality Ministry Recruitment: Volunteers are needed to serve in this ministry. Your assistance is needed and will be greatly appreciated. Please see Sis. Darlene Carter or Bro. Earl Carter for more information or to join the ministry.
- Food Pantry donations are needed to replenish our inventory. Please signup to bring your food items in the Narthex. The Food Pantry is open every third Sunday from 10:00-11:00 a.m. If you are in need of food items, please visit our food pantry.
- Transportation Ministry is seeking committed servants for Sunday services and special occasions. We need at least a team of eight drivers for each service--each driver will serve once a month. We need van drives--male or female--for all services and especially drivers for special events--usually during weekdays. If interested, please contact Bro. Richard Bowling at email@example.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the subject line: CBCCS TM.
- Ushers Ministry is looking for a few good men, women, and children to join the Seniors, Adults, and Juniors Usher Ministries. Please contact the following people to inquire: Sis. Mavis Beamon (301) 346-7409 (Seniors); Sis. Janice Hyshaw (202) 441-0078 (Adults); Sis. Nichole Smith (202) 498-0831 (Juniors) or any member of the Ushers Ministry.
- Exercise classes are offered during the following days and times: Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m; and in the evening the Hot Sauce class is offered Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Classes are $20 per month. All are welcome!
- Food Share packages are available for purchase, please contact Deacon Henry Pulley at 301-297-5836 or Sis. Lydia Joyner. You can sign up for the Food Share program in Narthex; your payment for the packages purchased are due on the second Sunday each month.
Please watch television channels WDRC 4 and WUSA 9 for updated closure and cancellation information during inclement weather. CBCCS will follow the Prince George's County School System schedule during inclement weather events (e.g. If the schools delay opening for two hours, we will delay opening our offices on the same schedule. If they are closed for the day, we will also be closed on that day and all scheduled activities will be cancelled). Please note, we may not close or delay the opening of the church for events conducted on Saturday or Sunday due to inclement weather. You will receive a Robocall from the church regarding delays and closings on the weekend. If the church does not have your current telephone number, please contact the church office and give us this information.
The telephone number to call in for the Intercessory Prayer Monday-Friday (6:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m.) is 712-432-6100. Please enter the participant code 123149 followed by # when prompted to do so. The Tuesday Conference call Intercessory Prayer (7:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.) is 832-551-5100; participant code is 197647#. Prayer requests can now be emailed to [email protected]. This email address will be checked each Tuesday and Thursday for updates.
Sick and Shut-In and the Bereaved
Please remember to call, visit and pray for our members and community who may be sick and shut-in or mourning the loss of a loved one. A copy of the Sick and Shut-In/Bereaved list is located in the Narthex.
Sunday Morning Breakfast
Breakfast is available in the Henry S. Moore Fellowship Hall on each Sunday after the early morning service from 9:30-10:30 a.m. or until all the food has been purchased; the cost is $7 per person.