WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW...
Submit Your Announcements:
All weekly announcements must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Noon on Wednesday each week. Any received after the deadline will be placed in the bulletin the following week. Pick up your copy of the CBCCS Events Connection, which will list all of the events for the month, in the Narthex.
- Progressive National Baptist Convention's Annual Meeting will be held in Atlanta, GA August 4-10. CBCCS, in conjunction with other local churches, are chartering buses to Atlanta for members who would like to attend the meeting. More detailed information will be presented as it becomes available.
- Anointed Expressions Mime Ministry (AEM) is currently seeking new members (young men) ages 9 to 18. We provide music interpretation through mime movement. If you are interested in joining the ministry, please contact Sis. Annett Eldridge at 301-266-9564 or email@example.com. You may also contact Sis. Sabrina Andrews-Reddick at 301-899-3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A registration form can be found in the Narthex.
- Music Ministry is hosting 'Open Season' through Sunday, March 10. Open Season is your opportunity to join one of the CBCCS choirs. A flyer with additional information is available in the Narthex. We look forward to your membership in this important ministry. Please feel free to contact the Minister of Music, DeVoynne Young at email@example.com. The Music Ministry is soliciting members for a forthcoming Young Adult Choir--members must be at least 19-35 years old. We are excited about this new venture and look forward to your membership. Feel free to contact Sis. DeVoynne Young for more information.
- Reminder from Facilities Trustees--Please take the time to check your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms at least every three months to ensure they are in good working order. This is a very important life-saving step.
- Each fifth Sunday of the year--there are four-- has been designated as our 'Family and Friends' Day. On this Sunday, we will conduct one service at 10:15 a.m. affording each of us an opportunity to fellowship with the members from the 7:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. services.* Sunday School will be held from 9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. We look forward to the combined service and the increased unity it will bring to our growing church family. This service time is subject to change. *During our Summertime Praise and Worship Services, please check our calendar for the start time for the church service and Sunday School.
- Outreach Ministry is sponsoring the Backpack Food for Kids Program. The ministry is soliciting donations for the following non-perishable food items: juice boxes, fruit cups, soups, crackers, pop tarts, Jell-O packs, oatmeal packs, fruit snacks, cookie packs, boxes or bags of cereal, cups of macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meat sauce, ravioli, rice and chicken, lunch size tuna, etc. All items should be small enough to fit inside a backpack--please no peanut or milk products. The food is provided to the school on October 2018-June 2019. A container is in the Narthex for the donations. For more information, please contact Sis. Catherine Moore at 301-922-1163 or Sis. Linda Jackson at 202-531-4432.
- Rev. John H. Parker Cancer Ministry Recruitment: Additional members are needed to serve in this ministry. The mission is to educate, enlighten, and promote church and community cancer awareness and prevention through early detection. You do not need to be a cancer survivor to serve. If you are interested or need more information, please contact Bro. Leon Turner at 301-335-0152.
- Hospitality Ministry Recruitment: Volunteers are needed to serve in this ministry, and your assistance is appreciated. Please see Sis. Darlene Carter or Bro. Earl Carter for more information or to join.
- Food Pantry donations are needed to replenish our inventory. Please signup to bring your food items to the Narthex. The Food Pantry is open every third Sunday from 10:00-11:00 a.m. If you are in need of food items, please visit our food pantry.
- Transportation Ministry is seeking committed servants for Sunday services and special occasions. We need at least a team of eight drivers for each service--each driver will serve once a month. We need van drives--male or female--for all services and especially drivers for special events--usually during weekdays. If interested, please contact Bro. Richard Bowling at firstname.lastname@example.org or send an email to email@example.com. Include in the subject line: CBCCS TM.
- Ushers Ministry is looking for a few good men, women, and children to join the Seniors, Adults, and Juniors Usher Ministries. Please contact the following people to inquire: Sis. Mavis Beamon (301) 346-7409 (Seniors); Sis. Janice Hyshaw (202) 441-0078 (Adults); Sis. Nichole Smith (202) 498-0831 (Juniors) or any member of the Ushers Ministry.
- Exercise classes are available during the following days and times: Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m; and in the evening the Hot Sauce class is held Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Classes are $20 per month. All are welcome!
- Food Share packages are available for purchase; please contact Deacon Henry Pulley at 301-297-5836 or Sis. Lydia Joyner. You can sign up for the Food Share program in Narthex; your payment for the packages purchased are due on the second Sunday each month.
Please watch television channels WDRC 4 and WUSA 9 for updated closure and cancellation information during inclement weather. CBCCS will follow the Prince George's County School System schedule during weather events (e.g., If the schools delay opening for two hours, we will delay opening our offices. If they close for the day, we will also close on that day, and all activities are canceled). Please note, we may not close or delay the opening of the church for events conducted on Saturday or Sunday due to inclement weather. You will receive a Robocall from the church regarding delays and closings on the weekend. If the church does not have your current telephone number, please contact the church office and give us this information.
The telephone number to call in for the Intercessory Prayer Monday-Friday (6:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m.) is 712-432-6100. Please enter the participant code 123149 followed by # when prompted to do so. The Tuesday Conference call Intercessory Prayer (7:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.) is 832-551-5100; participant code is 197647#. Email prayer requests to [email protected]. This email address will be checked each Tuesday and Thursday for updates.
Sick and Shut-In and the Bereaved
Please remember to call, visit and pray for our members and community who may be sick and shut-in or mourning the loss of a loved one. A copy of the Sick and Shut-In/Bereaved list is in the message kiosk in the Narthex.
Sunday Morning Breakfast
Our hot breakfast service has been suspended until further notice; however, we are placing vending machines in the church to provide beverages, snacks, and sandwiches. Microwaves are located in the fellowship hall. If you have any questions about this new policy, please contact Sis. Jocelyn Bennett-Martin, church administrator or Sis. Jackie Simpson, church coordinator.