WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW...
Submit Your Announcements:
All weekly announcements must be submitted to email@example.com by Noon on Wednesday each week. Any received after the deadline will be placed in the bulletin the following week. Pick up your copy of the CBCCS Events Connection, which will list all of the events for the month, in the Narthex.
- Summer Time Church Schedule is as follows: July-August our church services will be held at 7:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. on each first Sunday. On the second, third, and fourth Sunday, the service will begin at 10:15 a.m. Sunday School schedule is TBD.
- Volleyball and Dodge Ball Fellowship will start on Monday, June, 24 from 6:30-8:30 pm; this fellowship is scheduled for every Monday evening through August unless otherwise notified. You are invited to fellowship with us. Please continue to visit the website for the dates and time.
- Music Ministry is seeking members for our newly established Young Adult Choir--members must be at least 19 years-of-age. Membership is open from Sunday, June 9-Sunday, July 21, 2019. We are excited about this new venture, and we look forward to your membership in the choir. A membership form is located in the Narthex to sign up. Feel free to contact Sis. Annett Eldridge at 301-266-9564 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vacation Bible School pre-registration began in June. Please stop by the table in the Narthex to register. VBS Theme: Whooosh: Take Flight to Where God Leads You (Hebrews 11:8). Volunteers are needed to serve during the week.
- Progressive National Baptist Convention's Annual Meeting will be held in Atlanta, GA August 4-10. CBCCS, in conjunction with other local churches, is chartering a bus to Atlanta for members who would like to attend the meeting. If you're planning to attend the convention and want to travel by bus, please sign the registration sheet in front of the main office. Videos from past PNBC Annual Conventions can be viewed in the Rev. John H. Parker Library. Watch the videos and learn a little more about this week-long event, which features dynamic preachers from across the country, fabulous choirs, edifying biblical studies, and so much more.
- Anointed Expressions Mime Ministry (AEM) is currently seeking new members (young men) ages 12 to 25. We provide music interpretation through mime movement. If you are interested in joining the ministry, please contact Sis. Annett Eldridge at 301-266-9564 or email@example.com. You may also contact Sis. Sabrina Andrews-Reddick at 301-899-3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A registration form can be found in the Narthex.
- Outreach and Men's Ministries are seeking volunteers to assist with the Church Cookout/Community Day activities on Saturday, June 29. Please contact Deacon Carl Linton at 703-339-5871 to volunteer or learn more about the event. If you are interested in becoming a vendor for Community Day, please contact Sis. Dazelene Forte at 202-255-7818 or email Dazforte48@gmail.com or Sis. Catherine Moore at 301-992-1153 or email at email@example.com.
- Outreach Ministry is sponsoring the Backpack Food for Kids Program. The ministry is soliciting donations for the following non-perishable food items: juice boxes, fruit cups, soups, crackers, pop tarts, Jell-O packs, oatmeal packs, fruit snacks, cookie packs, boxes or bags of cereal, cups of macaroni and cheese, spaghetti and meat sauce, ravioli, rice and chicken, lunch size tuna, etc. All items should be small enough to fit inside a backpack--please no peanut or milk products. The food is provided to the school on October 2018-June 2019. A container is in the Narthex for the donations. For more information, please contact Sis. Catherine Moore at 301-922-1163 or Sis. Linda Jackson at 202-531-4432.
- Rev. John H. Parker Cancer Ministry Recruitment: Additional members are needed to serve in this ministry. The mission is to educate, enlighten, and promote church and community cancer awareness and prevention through early detection. You do not need to be a cancer survivor to serve. If you are interested or need more information, please contact Bro. Leon Turner at 301-335-0152.
- Hospitality Ministry Recruitment: Volunteers are needed to serve in this ministry, and your assistance is appreciated. Please see Sis. Darlene Carter or Bro. Earl Carter for more information or to join.
- Food Pantry donations are needed to replenish our inventory. Please signup to bring your food items to the Narthex. The Food Pantry is open every third Sunday from 10:00-11:00 a.m. If you are in need of food items, please visit our food pantry.
- Transportation Ministry is seeking committed servants for Sunday services and special occasions. We need at least a team of eight drivers for each service--each driver will serve once a month. We need van drives--male or female--for all services and especially drivers for special events--usually during weekdays. If interested, please contact Bro. Richard Bowling at firstname.lastname@example.org or send an email to email@example.com. Include in the subject line: CBCCS TM.
- Ushers Ministry is looking for a few good men, women, and children to join the Seniors, Adults, and Juniors Usher Ministries. Please contact the following people to inquire: Sis. Mavis Beamon (301) 346-7409 (Seniors); Sis. Janice Hyshaw (202) 441-0078 (Adults); Sis. Nichole Smith (202) 498-0831 (Juniors) or any member of the Ushers Ministry.
- Exercise classes are available during the following days and times: Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m; and in the evening the Hot Sauce class is held Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Classes are $20 per month. All are welcome!
- Food Share packages are available for purchase; please contact Deacon Henry Pulley at 301-297-5836 or Sis. Lydia Joyner. You can sign up for the Food Share program in Narthex; your payment for the packages purchased are due on the second Sunday each month.
Please watch television channels WDRC 4 and WUSA 9 for updated closure and cancellation information during inclement weather. CBCCS will follow the Prince George's County School System schedule during weather events (e.g., If the schools delay opening for two hours, we will delay opening our offices. If they close for the day, we will also close on that day, and all activities are canceled). Please note, we may not close or delay the opening of the church for events conducted on Saturday or Sunday due to inclement weather. You will receive a Robocall from the church regarding delays and closings on the weekend. If the church does not have your current telephone number, please contact the church office and give us this information.
The telephone number to call in for the Intercessory Prayer Monday-Friday (6:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m.) is 712-432-6100. Please enter the participant code 123149 followed by # when prompted to do so. The Tuesday Conference call Intercessory Prayer (7:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.) is 832-551-5100; participant code is 197647#. Email prayer requests to [email protected]. This email address will be checked each Tuesday and Thursday for updates.
Sick and Shut-In and the Bereaved
Please remember to call, visit and pray for our members and community who may be sick and shut-in or mourning the loss of a loved one. A copy of the Sick and Shut-In/Bereaved list is in the message kiosk in the Narthex.
Reminder from Facilities Trustees--Please take the time to check your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms at least every three months to ensure they are in good working order. This is a very important life-saving step.