CBCCS Needs You on the Hill!
Stayed tuned for details about how you can participate on this day...We hope to see you there!
What is PNBC Advocacy Day?
PNBC (Progressive National Baptist Convention) will hold an Advocacy Day to raise awareness of the current Administration's attack on the poor and working class people while pointing out the tax breaks to the rich that could have been used to fund entitlement programs.
What is the Purpose of Advocacy Day?
- To establish the PNBC position on the issues of poverty in the "public square"
- To hear from elected officials on their policy position, determine the appropriate response, and direct the actions of members going forward
- To promote leadership, advocacy, and empowerment among members to bring about effective change
What will we do on this day?
10:00 a.m. Meeting on the Hill for a press conference and a group photo before legistative visits
10:15 a.m.-Noon Small groups go on legislative visits
12:30-1:30 pm: Lunch
1:30 -2:30 pm Collective Action (TBD)
2:30-3:00 pm Debrief and closing prayer
3:00 pm Participants return home
What are the goals and outcomes for this day?
- To actively engage key members of Congress/decision makers and promotethe PNBC 2018 Agenda, which includes the issues of poverty/economic justice, healthcare, mass incarceration and voting rights during the 50th year of Dr. King's martyrdom
- To add to the moral outrage about this current Administration's attack on the poor
- To develop PNBC's power as we seek to influence community outcomes through public policy